sterling maker's mark

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
chasfort

sterling maker's mark

Post by chasfort »

i recently bought a sterling pin dish, and cannot identify makers mark. it is a large V with a arrow threw it with bros. down the middle of the V. thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
I know the mark and have just added it to American Unidentified Marks.
I found the mark on a spun sterling kiddush cup, engraved for presentation to a Bronx, NY rabbi and dated in the 30's. My feeling was that the maker was probably a small NY area manufacturer of the period.

Regards, Tom
chasfort

Post by chasfort »

thank you, that's it!
silverly

Post by silverly »

No doubt this is a stretch, but there were three Turkish Armenian brothers that were jewelry manufacturers in New York City in the correct time frame. Their surname was Voskerchian or Voskerjian. Roughly because of penmanship from the source and likely spelling problems as well as anglicizations, their first names were Harry (Haroutun?), Roupen, and Kachig (Krekor?).

Haroutun has a 1929 patent relating to broaches, Patent number: 1660181.

Just to be clear, this is just a suggestion and is not meant to positively provide an attribution for the V Bros stamp.
fcsyama

Re: sterling maker's mark

Post by fcsyama »

I have a silver compote dish that I inherited from my family with this mark on it - BROS written vertically in a V. It does not have the arrow going horizontally in the middle of it. It looks exactly like the unknown image except for that. Right below the mark it states Sterling reinforced with cement and then the number 650. I would like to include an image of the silver compote dish as well as an image of the mark but can't figure out how to do this. If you have additional information on this mark, please let me know.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
dognose
Site Admin

Re: sterling maker's mark

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.tinypic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is recommended

Trev.
ketchumid

Re: sterling maker's mark - V Bros w/ Arrow

Post by ketchumid »

Found the same mark on a large serving bowl. Image

Return to “American Sterling & Coin Silver - Single Image”