Hallmark ID S925 KJ with arrow through it

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
aussiemo

Hallmark ID S925 KJ with arrow through it

Post by aussiemo »

I have a lovely SS Locket with hallmark unfamiliar with S925 KJ with arrow through it. Thought it may be Norwegian. High relief roses on textured background. Is hallmarked on frame inside also. Can anyone help please. Thks in advance.
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, there was a German maker, Kollmar & Jourdan, that used KJ with an arrow as a mark. A pic might help.... Best wishes, Bahner
aussiemo

Post by aussiemo »

Hi Bahner, Thks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have a camera good enough to take a photo of the hallmark. I could post a picture of the locket but it is the maker and country I am after. I thought german hallmarks had the crescent and crown? Didn't Kollmar & Jourdan sign there works with KJ AG or AU maybe for silver or gold. Thought it may have been scandanavian because of the S 925. Would appreciate your thoughts or anyone elses. Cheers
Kit

Post by Kit »

Apparently, a missing crescent moon and crown is not unheard of. See this link for a discussion:
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If your mark has K J pierced by an arrow from left to right, we are probably talking about the same trademark. Kollmar and Jourdan registered this mark in the United States in 1964 for (1) watch casings and parts thereof, and (2) Jewelry and ornamental objects for personal use, made in whole or in part of gold or silver . . . . The TESS [Trademark Electronic Search System] listing states the mark was first used in 1910, commercially in 1925, in both categories.

I hope this information is useful to you. Kit
aussiemo

Post by aussiemo »

Thks a lot Kit and Bahner for your help. I have been like a dog with a bone over this one :) Yes the arrow does go from left to right through the KJ. So how would you date a piece like this as it has no date mark. By the style maybe? Cheers moi
rachelw

Post by rachelw »

hi there! is this your mark? this belongs to a pendant i own and was trying to identify..

aussiemo

Post by aussiemo »

Hi Rach, This is the same mark indeed. Isn't this site a godsend....Cheers Moi.
rachelw

Post by rachelw »

brill, so we now both know who made our items!

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”