Spanish silver maker Domenech

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
niceguy1

Spanish silver maker Domenech

Post by niceguy1 »

HI ALL

I was offered these cutlery, the seller says they are Spanish & .915 silver. Is that correct? What period are these from? Makers mark is a bit unclear but seems to be Domenech Y Soler Cabot. But from the information I find online they seem to be a old firm of jewelers rather than silversmiths.

Sorry for the bad pics but this it what he sent me.

THANKS

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Spanish silver maker Domenech

Post by dognose »

Hi Niceguy,

Please post clear images of the mark in the hexagon.

Trev.
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

The star indicates that the silver is 916 thousandths. The other brand I think is Alberto Castro, domiciled in Barcelona, Virgen del Pilar, 24 and 26. On April 29, 1948. Indeed Domenech is the jewelry where it was sold, only that.
regards

La estrella indica que la plata es de 916 milésimas. La otra marca creo que se trata de Alberto Castro, domiciliada en Barcelona, Virgen del Pilar, 24 y 26. En 29 de abril de 1948. Efectivamente Domenech es la joyería donde se vendió, solamente eso.
Saludos

niceguy1

Post by niceguy1 »

Many thanks.
niceguy1

Post by niceguy1 »

HI

I just noticed that some of the small spoons have a different makers mark, they are not very clear but perhaps you will still recognize the maker.

THANKS

Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Buenas tardes. En 1934 se estableció una ley, en la que los objetos de plata, se debían identificar a los fabricantes, con un número de registro y una letra identificativa de la ciudad. Esta ley no fue muy seguida ni entendida, pues casi todos los registros pertenecen a los lugares de venta, no a los fabricantes. Hubo una empresa española, (SEMPSA) que editó una guía con algunas de estas marcas, no tengo claro su veracidad pero le adjunto una foto por si puede ayudarle en su investigación.

Good afternoon. In 1934 a law was established, in which the silver objects, should be identified to the manufacturers, with a registration number and a letter identifying the city. This law was not followed or understood, since almost all the records belong to the places of sale, not to the manufacturers. There was a Spanish company, (SEMPSA) that published a guide with some of these brands, I am not clear about its veracity but I attached a photo in case it can help you in your research.

Saludos
niceguy1

Post by niceguy1 »

Many thanks!

Return to “Other Countries”