Letter Rack, Marked "St. Silver"

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
davidross
contributor

Letter Rack, Marked "St. Silver"

Post by davidross »

Any information or ideas appreciated regarding the country of origin and maker of this letter rack.

10.8 cm long, 7.6 cm high, and 2.7 cm wide. Weight exactly 100 grams. Marked to underside "ST. SILVER" with a maker's or logo mark BJ. No other marks anywhere.

I am posting here because Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are possible candidates for country of origin, and trust that the administrator will move this to another board if appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Letter Rack, Marked "St. Silver"

Post by dognose »

A post that's worth a bump.

Any thoughts?

Trev.
mvzn

Post by mvzn »

I picked up a few of these, six in total. They weigh anywhere from 43-45 grams each. The hallmark looks very similar to the posts above. Does anyone know what they are used for, or where they were made? I bought them at a thrift store in Halifax NS Canada if that's any help. The pattern is a little uneven when measured against the rim. I wouldn't call them flimsy exactly but they are this enough to bend and warp easily. I've had trouble finding other examples of sterling silver marked "ST". The similarities in the mark from the previous post leads me to believe that these are also sterling but if anyone has anything to say about that id be happy to hear.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/4ItlU
https://imgur.com/a/lQHq7

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to attach pictures so i linked to them instead
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The mark was discussed here.
viewtopic.php?t=36129

Similar pierced decor,too.
Regards
mvzn

Post by mvzn »

Thanks AG,

I appreciate the quick reply. Ill be sure to inquire in the thread you led me to.

Return to “Provincial & Colonial Marks”