Duchin Creations

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
kathekb

Duchin Creations

Post by kathekb »

Is anyone familiar with this company? I would like to have some history about when they were in business and where. I can't find anything on the web. Thank you.
Traintime
contributor

Re: Duchin Creations

Post by Traintime »

Same maker raised in later post here: http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +creations
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Not where I can search through my files, but if I recall correctly, Maurice Duchin Creations started fairly soon after WWII, believe the 'hand' trademark dates to the 1950s and possibly earlier, and I know it was still in use in the mid '70s, when I was selling their silverplate and other metal gift type items at retail in the fine gifts, silver and china department of an upscale department store. Can remember the sales rep telling me that the hand represented family member Eddy Duchin, a pianist and bandleader, his son Peter was also a pianist, but have no idea if that was actually true or not. Believe they stopped using the 'hand' mark by the '80s, and can't recall seeing mention of them past the '90s - there is another company, still in existence, called Gloria Duchin that started in the '70s, making metal Christmas ornaments and other small items, no idea if they have any connection to Maurice Duchin...

~Cheryl
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Started entries under Contributor's Notes section. Thanks Cheryl.

Return to “American Sterling & Coin Silver - Single Image”