Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Do not post mark questions here.
jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Image
Image

agphile
contributor
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Location: UK

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby agphile » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 pm

It is a crumb scoop rather than a serving piece.

jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Thank you for the clarification

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 38869
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby dognose » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi,

This is not the work of Robert Rutland, of London , but the work of Richard Richardson, of Sheffield.

See: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=14790&p=128648&hilit=richardson#p128648

Trev.

jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 pm

How do you come by that determination?

jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Did he always do silver plate?

dognose wrote:Hi,

This is not the work of Robert Rutland, of London , but the work of Richard Richardson, of Sheffield.

See: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=14790&p=128648&hilit=richardson#p128648

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 38869
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby dognose » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Just look at the link.

Robert Rutland was a silversmith, he was not a silver plater and and had been dead about 50 years before your item was made.

Trev.

jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:18 pm

What I meant was did Richard Richardson only do silver plating?

dognose wrote:Just look at the link.

Robert Rutland was a silversmith, he was not a silver plater and and had been dead about 50 years before your item was made.

Trev.

silvermakersmarks
co-admin
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:22 am
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby silvermakersmarks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Trev's answer was to your first question; i.e. "How do you come by that determination?"

To answer your second question, Richard Richardson did produce sterling silver. However your crumb scoop is electroplate.

Phil

jake613
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Robert Rutland Serving piece. For what?

Postby jake613 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Thank you Phil

silvermakersmarks wrote:Trev's answer was to your first question; i.e. "How do you come by that determination?"

To answer your second question, Richard Richardson did produce sterling silver. However your crumb scoop is electroplate.

Phil


Return to “General Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests