Help Identify Native American Hallmark /Designer

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Lynnz22

Help Identify Native American Hallmark /Designer

Post by Lynnz22 »

This single earring us signed 925 for sterling. It's also hallmarked by the designer. I can't seem to find a match in Native American hallmarks online. To me it looks like an M with another letter attached- perhaps a J? Or maybe it's not a letter at all-- perhaps the hallmark is a snake? It looks very old and beautifully made. I think the cabochon is turquoise. Thanks for any help of who the maker is, if they are Nvajo or Zuni, etc... The hallmark is above with the 925 stamped below it. The turquoise cab is on the front. I have a photo, but there's no option to attach one to this message...?
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Help Identify Native American Hallmark /Designer

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

and: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42199

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

Trev.
Lynnz22

Re: Help Identify Native American Hallmark /Designer

Post by Lynnz22 »

Here is the back of the earring showing the designer hallmark and under it 925 . Thank you for your help.
Lynnz22

Help Identify Native American Hallmark on sterling Earring

Post by Lynnz22 »

This single earring is signed 925 for sterling. It's also hallmarked by the designer. I can't seem to find a match in Native American hallmarks online. To me it looks like an M with another letter attached- perhaps a J? Or maybe it's not a letter at all-- perhaps the hallmark is a snake? It looks very old and beautifully made. The front of the earring has a small oval cabochon that is turquoise. Thanks for any help of who the maker is, if they are Nvajo or Zuni, etc... The hallmark is above with the 925 stamped below it. The turquoise cab is on the front and not shown here.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”