Stamp on the clock - a dog's head

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Adir

Stamp on the clock - a dog's head

Post by Adir »

Hi. Very interested in who owned it a stigma. Presumably switzerland 1880-1900 years. Can anyone have information mo master, silver stamp on the body clock.
oel
co-admin

Re: Stamp on the clock - a dog's head

Post by oel »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Oel.
Adir

Post by Adir »

Thank administrator for assistance. Here is a picture marks on the clock.

Here is the cover of the watch with the marks.

Gimme

Post by Gimme »

Well interesting marks, the Swiss grouse was used until about 1934 and the German Moon and Crown after 1881...so you have two different national marks on this piece. I would certainly think it was Swiss since the Swiss marks are there and the 0,800 is the Swiss pattern for this level of purity. i have seen this type of marking before involving counties that share borders as these two do, especially in time on conflict when borders might be a tad bit questionable. I have a very nice piece from 1908 that has both German and Russian marks made by a silversmith in the Baltic area. The dogs head? Clueless, prolly a makers mark....
Adir

Post by Adir »

Thank you for your detailed response. It is a pity that there is no information on the dog's head. The head of the dog is a bit of a stigma is the Swiss company "Condor"? I would like to confirm or refute. I can not find an early stamp of the company "Condor" in 1903.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”