small Italian filligree box Roma on lid.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
gsmoggy

small Italian filligree box Roma on lid.

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Members
can anyone tell me the maker of this box ? the marks are very small difficult to photograph ,the marks are 800 38or39GE.
Kind regards Guido.

amena
contributor

Re: small Italian filligree box Roma on lid.

Post by amena »

38 GE FERREA Pietro S.n.c. Via Conservatori del Mare, 57/R GENOVA 27/05/1935 CEASED BETWEEN 1955 e il 1971
39 GE ROTA GIOV. BATTISTA fu Giuseppe Via Orefici 26 E GENOVA GENOVA 27/05/1935 CEASED BETWEEN 1955 e il 1971
Best regards
Amena
gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Armena
Thank you for the quick answer,fantastic ,I felt the box had some age and with low numbers 38-39 of the maker .Do you have any other info on what these companies made? the quality of the work is amazing.(so delicate).
kind regards Guido.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Guido,

Low numbers are no indication of age, many of the early registrants are still in business today. If you cannot capture an images of the marks, then make a drawing of them and photograph that. An image of the marks will speak volumes.

Trev.
gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Trev
I have done my best with an image of the mark,I have drawn the mark as you suggested ,hope it helps.
regards Guido.

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

Hi Trev
thanks very much looks like Rota is my company.I was not sure he was the maker because my stamp does not have the logo between the numbers and letters. Has my stamp been added to that site? because i could not see my plain stamp(without logo in the middle before?)
Many thanks Guido.

Return to “Other Countries”