Italy 17mi milano marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Mikesfixns

Italy 17mi milano marks

Post by Mikesfixns »

Not sure who to contact here but i figured out one of the makers in the italian section 17mi. Currently it says it is unknown. But i have been looking like crazy for it. But it is also flli peruzzi. I am trying to attatch photos but i cant figure it out. I have a set that isnt marked peruzzi and found an identical set marked peruzzi and also found another stamped both 17mi and peruzzi.
AG2012
contributor

Re: Italy 17mi milano marks

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Will try to clarify without images, but please, embed your images, both in this post and in the future.
F.lli Peruzzi Argentieri are jewelers from Florence (Firenze).
Their registration number is FI 114.
They are also retailers and makers from Milan with various registration numbers are found with Peruzzi mark.
Regards
Italiansilver

Post by Italiansilver »

Hi there,
regarding italian marks, it is common that you find the silversmith identification number and the name of another silversmith or the name of a retailer; this happens when the object is commisioned from a retailer/silversmith but done by the one that mark the silver with his own registered mark.
IE if you find <17MI> into a lozenge plus "Peruzzi" written in letters it means that Peruzzi comissioned that pieces to the owner of the ID <17MI> that is the actual manufacturer of the piece.

regards
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

The name of the silversmith that corresponds to Milan 17 is not unknown.
According to the implementing regulation of the Law 305 of February 1934 on precious metals

Announcement will be made on the official journal of the reign of canceled or missing marks.

In the journal of October 4, 1938, we read that the 17 MI mark, belonging to the company Balzaretti Paolo had been deformed, that is mr Balzaretti went out of businnes.

Return to “Other Countries”