CORRY, Henry (Grimwade p.473)

Moderators: MCB, buckler, silverly

buckler

CORRY, Henry (Grimwade p.473)

Post by buckler »

Fined for substandard buckles in the 1763 -1769 period

4 July 1764 - Took Charles HOUGHAM apprentice

29 April 1768 Will of Henry Corry, Goldsmith of St Botolph without, Aldersgate proved at PCC .
Bequests
My nephew Henry Corry Bird - one shilling
Joseph Musgrave of Baintree,Shopkeeper, - one guinea for a ring
Jane Musgrave , his wife - one guinea for a ring
Joseph Josling of Baintree - one guinea for a ring ,
Mary Bird the wife of Samuel Bird of Saint Giles Cripplegate, Carpenter - one guinea for a ring
George Needham of the Parish of Saint Michael Wood Street, Gentleman- one guinea for a ring
James Phillips of Aldersgate Street Citizen and Blacksmith of London - one guinea for a ring

"I give unto my dear and loving Wife Mary Corry all the Rest Residue and Remainder of my Personal Estate "

Will was dated 29th February 1768, witnessed by Thomas Medes and Colin Murray .
Mary Corry appointed full and sole executrix

21 April 1768
Mary Corry entered a mark as smallworker at Aldersgate Street .

Heal records Henry Cory as plateworker Aldersgate Street 1754 and Mary Corry goldsmith at Aldersgate 1768
dognose
Site Admin

Re: CORRY, Henry (Grimwade p.473)

Post by dognose »

James Chassey, an occasional journeyman to Mr. Moreland (sic), a silversmith, for stealing several ounces of silver, his property, and in his absence melting them in his house into an ingot, the better to dispose thereof in the trade. He was also indicted for stealing several ounces of silver, the property of Mr. Corry, a silversmith, whom he also worked for, but was not tried thereon. It appeared he had sold within a small space of time a great number of ingots, some weighing not less that 20 or 30 ounces.

Source: The London Chronicle for 1762 - Jan. 16-19

Old Bailey trial refers: t17620114-29
silverly

Re: CORRY, Henry (Grimwade p.473)

Post by silverly »

3 September 1746 Henry son of James Curry (sic) late of Braintree in the County of Essex goldsmith deceased apprenticed to David Yexley London goldsmith.

(25 October 1738 David Yexley goldsmith married Jane Corry of Braintree in Essex a spinster. (From the record of Fleet marriages ledger number 146)).

Return to “Grimwade's Biographies ~ Updates”