Forgotten Artel maker's mark

Do not post mark questions here.
bootle

Forgotten Artel maker's mark

Post by bootle »

Hi all -

Some of you may remember me, others may not. I previously posted on this forum a number of years ago as Piette, but have now forgotten my password and do not have access to the email address I used back at that time anymore (if any moderators can somehow assist me with re-accessing that old account I would be enormously grateful...!)

In any case, I am still alive and well. I took some time back from the forum as my auction oriented work life became so heavily dominated with silver it was a little too much, and now my career is focused more primarily on jewellery I can take time to enJOY my love of silver more!

Today I was speaking with an old colleague who is now an auctioneer, and I bought an item in a sale he had, a Russian cigarette case. I remembered the master's mark from discussions previously a number of years ago with both Qrt.S and Goldstein, and recall this as the mark of an Artel, but do not have a record of the name of the firm in all my other research and information about the artels. Can someone please refresh my memory, as to the name of this elusive company?

The mark is - A0AM3. Assayer Ivan Lebedkin. I vaguely remember it is something like the Moscow handicrafts artel? Someone refresh my memory and put me out of my misery please!

Many thanks to you all -
Warmest Regards -

Sam
oel
co-admin

Re: Forgotten Artel maker's mark

Post by oel »

Hi Sam, welcome back.
For reference Russian artels see:
http://www.silvercollection.it/dictionaryartelsMO.html
AOAM3 (A.O.A.M.3.)see images:

http://www.ascasonline.org/windowsettem76.html

Peter
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Sam -

nice to hear from you again. For personal reasons I do not post any more on the forum - but for you I make an exeption!

Cigarette cases from A.O.A.M.3. Moscow are always wellmade and much better than the average. I enclose 2 examples and the mark in PL.

I anwered your PM!

All the best
Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Sure I remember you. I have wondered why you have disappeared from forum. I send you a message some years ago, but you never answered, so….?
The punch AOAM3 doesn’t belong to the list of conventional artels mentioned in the link. It is a joint stock company of Moscow goldsmiths artels active in early 20th century.

@ Goldstein,
Come on Golstein, don’t be morose. Rejoin the forum and let’s have those good chats we had in the past >:->!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Goldstein,

Thanks for taking the time to add the information.

Agree with Qrt.S, your input is greatly missed.

Trev.

Return to “General Questions”