Men's or women's ring?

Do not post mark questions here.
Galabagos

Men's or women's ring?

Post by Galabagos »

Hi guys,

I like to purchase vintage and antique rings, and then do my own little investigations on them. This latest one I bought is a bit tough one for me, because I can't even tell for sure if it's a gent's or a ladie''s ring. The overall look of the ring looks art nouveauish to me, - and if this ring is that old - then the floral pattern would've been the choice of style for both men's and women's jewelry. And then the tricky part! The ring size is 11 US/V UK, which indicates (at least for me) that the ring is a men's ring. But on the other hand, the ring band's narrowest point is only 2 mm wide, which is, if I've understood correctly, something they'd put on a women's rings rather than men's. I try to attach two photos for you... PS. And the ring is stamped only with a "STERLING SILVER" mark.

Thank you!

/Galabagos
haywoof

Re: Men's or women's ring?

Post by haywoof »

IMO it's a men's ring
AG2012
contributor

Re: Men's or women's ring?

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
It was popular with gents in the thirties and decades later; every gentleman had one, either gold or silver, with initials engraved. Not mirror image for wax seal, but straight monogram lettering. Meant to custom engraving.
Regards

Return to “General Questions”