Urania A.G.

Do not post mark questions here.
metal1900

Urania A.G.

Post by metal1900 »

Hi,
I hope to get in contact with the person who placed the cover price list of the Dutch Urania company.
As a collector I'm interested in things/ Items who are connected to this company.
All kind of information is welcome about this company. Over the years I have found a few nice objects
of Urania. So please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Best regards.
Andries
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Urania A.G.

Post by dognose »

Hi Andries,

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you show us some examples of the marks used on Urania items? Also do you have any information about the connection with Urania and William Hutton & Sons of Sheffield?

Trev.
metal1900

Re: Urania A.G.

Post by metal1900 »

Hi,
Thank you for your welcome on the site.

Are you the one who posted the price list on this website?
Your question about the marks. On the internet are pictures of the marks and numbers they used.
I have no idea how to get pictures on this website. Sorry!
But this can be a tool to find out more about the marks.

The most common ones are;
Urania with number
Urania Holland with number.
Urania Hutton Sheffield with number.
Hutton Sheffield with number
Urania Cheap O Connel London
and finally Frattori and Sons ( I'm not sure about the spelling of this company.)

There's less information about the cooperation of these two companies. One thing is clear, they produced object of Urania
with the original molds. Hutton Sheffield used at least one of the same suppliers (from the continent) for parts of the designs .
I found some old correspond with detailed information.
Collectors of Urania looking for the original 1904-1910 pieces is my experience for so far. And not the polished away marks as
some people/ dealers do.

I do my best to understand this website how it works but as you all ready noticed English isn't my first language.
There's so much information on this website so I get lost and have difficulties to find mine own post.
Perhaps we can use our one email address?
Best regards.
Andries

Return to “General Questions”