Did Edward viner make gold rings?

Do not post mark questions here.
Garloch

Did Edward viner make gold rings?

Post by Garloch »

Hi. New to the forum, so please excuse any daft questions. Have a gold wedding ring, marks on it suggest it was made in Chester in 1856, hand engraved, 15 .625 gold, so that's 15 carat. Unusual as I've not ever seen 15 carat gold before. Makers mark is the same as Edward viner. E.V. Possibly E.5 if the V on the mark is a roman numeral 5. Did Edward viner ever make gold jewelry around mid 1800s?

Thanks for any replies.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Did Edward viner make gold rings?

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

We will need to see some clear images if anyone is to help.

Trev.
funkytokoloshe

Post by funkytokoloshe »

Hi Garloch

Just wondering if you ever resolved this? I am researching a ring which also appears to have the E.V Hallmark, seems to be dated 1898, Chester.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jen
Garloch wrote:Hi. New to the forum, so please excuse any daft questions. Have a gold wedding ring, marks on it suggest it was made in Chester in 1856, hand engraved, 15 .625 gold, so that's 15 carat. Unusual as I've not ever seen 15 carat gold before. Makers mark is the same as Edward viner. E.V. Possibly E.5 if the V on the mark is a roman numeral 5. Did Edward viner ever make gold jewelry around mid 1800s?

Thanks for any replies.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the Forum.

Let's see some images of the item in question.

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

Trev.

Return to “General Questions”