Allianz-Wappen Vienna around 1900

To identify an engraved crest, post an image here. - PHOTO REQUIRED
silverfan
contributor

Allianz-Wappen Vienna around 1900

Post by silverfan »

Hi all,
on a big Jardiniere made by the court supplier Hauptmann in Vienna around 1900 (see Other Countries) I found these two crests with a baron's crown above. Does anybody know for what families they stand?
Regards silverfan
silverfan
contributor

Re: Allianz-Wappen Vienna around 1900

Post by silverfan »

Allianz-Wappen
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Darstellung zweier Wappen
The colours:
1.Gules (red)
2.Azure
The second coat of arms is Wappen der Burggrafschaft Altenburg, (incorporated in the Großes Staatswappen des Herzogtums Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha) and in Stallhof (Dresden)
http://www.meiningermuseen.de/pages/sch ... amilie.php
(The second at bottom left is Wappen der Burggrafschaft Altenburg,the rose on azure)
Let`s search for the first coat of arms.
Regards
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Wappen der Reichlin (Richli) von Meldegg, süddeutsches Adelsgeschlecht

Have a nice day
silverfan
contributor

Post by silverfan »

Here the deleted image again.
Regards silverfan

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

I think the mystery has been solved. Most probably it was a marriage between the members of two families; Wappen der Burggrafschaft Altenburg and Wappen der Reichlin (Richli) von Meldegg, as shown above.
Matching both heraldic symbols and the colors (tinctures).Vertical and horizontal lines were used to depict arms in a monochromatic context, i.e. engraving. (1.Gules –red and 2.Azure).
Kindest regards
silverfan
contributor

Post by silverfan »

Hallo AG2012,
Reichlin von Meltegg okay but Altenburg? Burggrafen von Altenburg since a long time have died away. Is there a family with this coat of arms around 1900? I posted the question also in http://www.heraldik-wappen.de, but up to now witout an answer.
Regards silverfan
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Yes, they died off but `` Übergang an die Wettiner Familie``.
Stammbaum der Wettiner is here
http://www.udo-eisenmann.de/wettiner/wettiner2.htm
There are hundreds of them and it`s very complicated to understand the branches and the titles, but the rose on azure is in the middle of Wappen des Herzogtums Sachsen-Altenburg.Cannot be the coincidence,I suppose.

Regards
FrancoisRichli

Post by FrancoisRichli »

The arms on the left are the Richli's - enobled as the Freiherren (Barons) Reichlin von Meldegg : "In red, a silver bar covered with three red rings; On the helmet with red-silver blankets two red buffalo horns with a silver bandage, on the rings" and as Freidrich III confirmed in 1465.

The Holy Roman Emperor - at the same time and in recognition of the Meister's achievement combatting the Plague - also granted my patrician ancestor, Meister Andreas Richli - Reichlin von Meldegg, the right to bear a golden ducal crown.

These arms were first granted to Joss Richli - Eques et Praefectus Austriacus and Patrician of Constance - in 1400. The first written record of them is dated 1262 A.D., I believe.

I have been proudly wearing my Father's signet rings, bearing these arms, since his unfortunate death, at a very young age, in 1962.

The jardinière is most likely to have belonged to the Roman Catholic, Austrian, junior branch.

The senior branch maintaining the Richli's loyalty to the Abbey of St Gall, and due to the Abbey as its noble feudal vassals for centuries, relinquished their obligations to the Holy Roman Empire, and became Swiss when the Abbey itself joined the Swiss Confederation, in the aftermath of the religious, and most bloody, Thirty Years War.

The senior branch, furthermore, took up the Protestant faith, and the one with hindsight best suited - at the time and following - to an ancient line of Humanists, and of Masters of the Arts & Medicine. The Richli's were always, and are always, Aristocrats of Medicine, not War.

Return to “Family Crests”