Large Silver Bowl with strange marks i can't identify

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
carlostata

Large Silver Bowl with strange marks i can't identify

Post by carlostata »

I there folks,

I have a Large Silver Bowl weighting about 1.300 Kg. with hallmarks i can't identify in my books. It looks like British hallmarks because of the Lion Passant and the letter B, but it doesn't have the town marks (Assay Office Marks) and it has a crescent moon which i never saw in british silver, only in German. It also has a makers mark which i couln't found in my Silver Book.

Can anyone help me out with this please, i would be very gratefull.

Kind regards,

Carlos

Image[/img]
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to the Forum.

That is the mark of Lattey Brothers of Calcutta. See: http://www.925-1000.com/AngloIndian_01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you post a photo of the whole piece?

Trev.
carlostata

Post by carlostata »

Thank you very much for your quick answer, it's impresive how fast you folks answer :)

Here's a picture of the whole piece, although the quality of the image is not very good, this is an outstanding piece of art, very good silversmith work, in perfect condition, no scratches, no dings or dents.

Dimensions: Height: 17cm. x Lenght: 26cm.

Thanks a lot once again for helping me out with this piece, i couln't find out that for myself and i had to put something in the description to sell it.

Kind regards,

Carlos
carlostata

Post by carlostata »

oopsss forgot to upload the picture:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6012/dscf3005f.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carlostata

Post by carlostata »

This one is resized, with better quality.

Image[/img]

Return to “Provincial & Colonial Marks”