1752 Irish Spoon?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Aguest
contributor

1752 Irish Spoon?

Post by Aguest »

I think I figured out this one is from Ireland, but the problem is the "Star L" hallmark might be John Laughlin Sr., but there are others with the same initials so it might not be John Laughlin Sr., so I have a few comparison pics too....

And Here Are Some Comparison Pics For The Date Mark Of 1752 And A Better Maker's Mark For John Laughlin, Sr. (note the similar "L" construction)

scorpio
contributor

Re: 1752 Irish Spoon?

Post by scorpio »

I think it would be helpful if you could post sharper well lit images for your spoon ( as well as the entire spoon)on a plain background as per the other examples you posted.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Trying these pics. We are dealing with a spoon which has been "Victorian-ized" into a Berry Spoon, so it looks like a Berry Spoon. The one interesting detail is that the end of the spoon is upturned, almost at a 90 degree angle, but I am not sure if this is original or perhaps done 100 years later...

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Difficult to get a pic of the Maker's Mark, but it looks like I can see a "STAR" symbol followed by an "L" symbol....perhaps...?

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

[Would There Be Another Option For This Date Letter And Shield Symbol Other Than Dublin Ireland 1752? I Can Find No Other Possible Candidate.]

Return to “Irish Hallmarks”