Carden Terry silver salver

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
scorpio
contributor

Carden Terry silver salver

Post by scorpio »

The Carden Terry silver salver I recently purchased arrived yesterday and I am pretty happy with it. The salver has a gadrooned border and rests on three hoof feet. It is 7 inches across and weighs 10 oz.

The crest on top and the hallmarks underneath, CT and Sterling, are somewhat worn but still easily decipherable as being that of the great Cork silversmith. Otherwise, the salver is in good condition and rests firmly on its feet with no wobble at all.

My wife's maiden name is Terry and her family from Cork so I have been anxious for some time to obtain some Carden Terry silver but it's just so expensive. He gets a mention in the Terry's of Cork family history book on page 108 http://books.google.ie/books?id=ZxMbHNF ... &q&f=false

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Carden Terry silver salver

Post by dognose »

Hi Gordon,
I am pretty happy with it
You are the master of the understatement, I would be VERY happy with it. It's a wonderful piece, thanks for sharing these images with us.

Is it possible to capture an image of the crest?

Trev.
scorpio
contributor

Post by scorpio »

Yes, my comment was a bit understated wasn't it! I'm actually thrilled over acquiring this salver.

While I can see the crest with my naked eye, it is worn and not so easy to capture with the camera but I will try again tomorrow when I have daylight again.

Best wishes,

Gordon
scorpio
contributor

Post by scorpio »

dognose wrote:Hi Gordon,
I am pretty happy with it
You are the master of the understatement, I would be VERY happy with it. It's a wonderful piece, thanks for sharing these images with us.

Is it possible to capture an image of the crest?

Trev.
Hi Trev,

Here is the best image of the crest I can take. As you can see, the crest is considerably worn.

Regards,

Gordon

Return to “Irish Hallmarks”