E.S & Co.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
larrybroker

E.S & Co.

Post by larrybroker »

Hi -- I have a large silver platter with the mark "E.S & Co." , and i can't locate any information about this company other than one cryptic reference to a maker Bond St. in London, but the mark here is clearly Sheffield, England. Also, has a mark of "T 157" and an "H". Any intel would be appreciated. Crown and lion indicate sheffield, sterling, and date mark G appears from 1940's'

Laurence
Waylander
co-admin

Re: E.S & Co.

Post by Waylander »

Looks like Sheffield sterling silver to me. As far as I'm aware, ES & Co is currently not identified with certainty (one website has this mark identified as E SIlver & Co of Bond St London), but their work has been seen from 1930s - 1950s. Date wish, your piece was assayed in 1949. The other marks are probably internal model codes or similar.

Interesting, the other website noted above said that the silver marked ES & Co was made by Mark Tyzack & Sons - who if my memory is correct was probably part of the well known Sheffield silver maker family of the same name. So ES & Co probably got their marked registered in Sheffield to make the assay process easier.

Regards

Waylander

Return to “Sheffield Hallmarks”