Who is the maker of this spoon?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
SilverK
contributor

Who is the maker of this spoon?

Post by SilverK »

Hello, I'm trying to identify the maker of this spoon. It appears to be stamped with perhaps a 'DP' below a star. There's also just a hint of what might be a V at the bottom, but this could be my imagination. I've provided three different pictures of the marks, all very similar, but perhaps with enough subtlety to give extra clues. The inside of the bowl carries the Minerva and lion passant marks, the assay mark being an A for Amsterdam, I think, but this is somewhat obscured. There's no date letter.

I hope somebody on the forum can identify the maker and an approximate date.

Thank you.

oel
co-admin

Re: Who is the maker of this spoon?

Post by oel »

Hi SilverK,
I believe the maker's mark reads DD under * in a lozenge for; Klaas Djurres Djurrema registered in Dokkum province of Friesland.This particular mark used 1812/1841. Please check again for a date letter, somewhere their should be a tiny little date letter. The assay office mark should carry the regional assay office letter F for the city of Leeuwarden.

For your reference:

Best,

Peter
SilverK
contributor

Re: Who is the maker of this spoon?

Post by SilverK »

This is excellent. Having checked the maker's mark and Minerva based on your info confirms it is DD and Leeuwarden. The date letter hasn't magically appeared though, despite further detailed checking!

Thanks very much indeed Peter,

Silverk.

Return to “Dutch Silver”