snowwhite and 6.... dwarfs, makermark with mammoth and unknown mark in diamond shape!

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
lellastiekje

snowwhite and 6.... dwarfs, makermark with mammoth and unknown mark in diamond shape!

Post by lellastiekje »

i found a set of snowwhite and 6 dwarfs (i want to find the 7th one so i need really want to know who made it, perhaps it helps finding the last piece)

the weird thing is that it's marked with an mammoth inside the makermark. So you'd might say that it schould be easy to find.. Please help!

i've also added the picture of a hallmark in diamond shape. I can't figure out what it means.

lellastiekje

Re: snowwhite and 6.... dwarfs, makermark with mammoth and unknown mark in diamond shape!

Post by lellastiekje »

Within the makermark (mammoth) are the letters B
O + (the letter O under the letter B and to the right of them, in the middle, is a plus) in a rectangle.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: snowwhite and 6.... dwarfs, makermark with mammoth and unknown mark in diamond shape!

Post by dognose »

Hi lellastiekje,

You have gone from posting oversize images to one's where the marks cannot be made out. Please post some images of the marks in sharp close-up and cropped to remove anything else but the marks. Images may be up to 7" (18cm) in width.

Trev.
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

Thanks! i'll retry! it's after 1953 btw because the sword had 925 in it.
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

i really appriciate the help btw!
Dendriet
contributor

Post by Dendriet »

Dear Lellastiekje,

Maker's Mark Elephant BO+
Bijou Oriental BV
Established in Weert - Netherlands
Active period 1979-2002.

http://www.weert-opendi.com/429434.html

Best Regards
Dendriet
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dendriet
contributor

Post by Dendriet »

Good luck with finding the 7th dwarf :)))))))

Best Regards
Dendriet
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi,

Minor correction. BO+ is not a maker's mark, the + makes it an importer/retailer's mark. Bijou Oriental. b.v. has been registered as an importer.

The diamond shaped mark below 925 could be a foreign, perhaps German maker's mark.

Best,

Peter
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

Wauw peter, thank you. I've been trying to get in contact with an company that is part of bijou oriental but sadly no succes yet. but this explains everything :)

i'll try and search further. The fact that there is an sword with 925 makes me think it should be an dutch maker. eitherway i need to search more. Thank you for your reply though!
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi, yes the sword mark indicates the dwarfs were brought for assay to a Dutch assay office by a registered importer and not by the maker of the silver dwarfs. I believe the maker’s mark to be German. Good luck with your search and please keep us informed if you find out more.

Best,

Peter
SirWatkynBassett

Post by SirWatkynBassett »

Hello,

I do have my doubts that this set is of German origin. This set appears to me to have been reproduced from the 1937 Disney production and as Disney have a well-known reputation for jealously guarding their intellectual rights, then the apparent lack of a Disney copyright mark on these figures would likely preclude American or European manufacture.

Perhaps the "elephant" part of the mark is a bigger clue than we've given it credit for?

Bassett
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Basset,

You could be right made in Asia.

Cheers,

Peter
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

Dear Everybody,

Thanks for all your reply's.

I appear to find more and more figurines by the same maker. I just found an Santa Clause of perhaps Sandman?! Also found an soldier of the storie the Nutcracker!

Eitherway it tells me that maybe it'not Disney but the brothers Grimm related???

Every figurine still carries the same stamp of the diamondshaped hallmark...

'till now it's happy hunting! thanks for helping me!
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

Can somebody verify this?! :D

I hope that it's ok to post the link!?

They say it's made in Italy-Rimini and only 300 were made of santa clause.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

But i have to note that my santa clause looks more detailes than the one on the link. I'll post a pictuse as soon as
lellastiekje

Post by lellastiekje »

admin edit, read the forum rules, no links/images commercial sites.

I've emailed the site who sells te santa clause and they were suprised that they don't have pictures online of the hallmarks. They get back to me on that.

Meanwhile i was hoping somebody here have some answers for me. I believe that strange hallmark is a capitol G. The oriental site have written that this santa is made in rimini-Italy but i highly doubt that... The nutcracker ia coming my way, another miniature with the same hallmark.... And nobody knows who made it! :s
Last edited by oel on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Lella,

Agree the maker's intial could be stylish G. The retailer should know and/or knows best!

Best,

Peter
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Return to “Dutch Silver”