Who Made this Tea Service, Please?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
skittlebeans

Who Made this Tea Service, Please?

Post by skittlebeans »

Hi,

I hope you can help with this tea set. I have looked up the hallmarks and believe it is made in Birmingham in 1774, but I do not have a clue on the maker. The hallmarks are a little smoothed and this one is off the tea pot. On one piece it looks like a W and an A but on another it looks like a crown but I could not get a good picture of the other hallmarks.

http://photos.yahoo.com/palmermoran@sbcglobal.net

The pictures are in the public Yahoo Silver album.

Thank You

Judy[/url]
Waylander
co-admin

Post by Waylander »

1774 is a bit early. I've looked at your hallmarks, and the trouble with saying 1774 is that, for that year, the bottom of the Anchor was a shart point / diamond - not the "wavy" bottom of the Anchor on your piece. I note that the markings for 1926 are very similar to those on your piece, but at the same time your maker's mark is very rubbed for a piece may that be relatively recent. All in all a bit of a poser. I would like to see what others think.

Waylander
londonsilver

Post by londonsilver »

I agree with Waylander, the hallmarks appear to be 1926 . For one, there is no duty mark,the pieces just look 19th-20th Century! As far as maker? A clearer , maybe magnified view could answer this question! Thanks!

Joe
skittlebeans

Trying to get a better picture

Post by skittlebeans »

I am struggling with my camera but will try to get a better picture.
skittlebeans

One more hallmark loaded

Post by skittlebeans »

I have finally got a picture of the coffee pot hallmark that seems clear enough.

http://photos.yahoo.com/palmermoran@sbcglobal.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I appreciate the help.

Return to “Birmingham Hallmarks”