Unknown stone and date mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
DitzyDodo

Unknown stone and date mark

Post by DitzyDodo »

Hi i was wondering if anyone had any information on this ring , i can't find a match to the date mark , to me it looks abit like an " n " but i'm really not sure. So please may i have help with the age and also does anyone know what stone this is ?
DitzyDodo

Re: Unknown stone and date mark

Post by DitzyDodo »

sorry just realised i think i posted this in the wrong section , but can't find an edit or delete button , sorry :(
user701
contributor

Post by user701 »

The "n" shape you mention is not a date letter but a Sheffield import mark, the date letter I cannot quite make out is on the other side of the 925 stamp, if you could post a clearer photo of the marks or the date letter, it would help.

Admin will move the post to the correct section for you.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

The date letter appears to be lower case italic "y" for 1998. The sponsor's mark is a new one on me. The little raised bit inside the shoulder may have info about the original manufacturer. Is there anything other than "925" on it?

Phil
DitzyDodo

Post by DitzyDodo »

Thanks for your help :) here are some more images , there does look like there is something above the 925 but i think it's partially rubbed off. Also another picture of the hallmarks.

Return to “European Jewelry”