Silversmith 5 artel

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
madej

Silversmith 5 artel

Post by madej »

Hello .
Do you have any idea which silversmith could be the creator of this napkin rings
It is known that it is Moscow 5 artel after 1912-1916. The napkin is quite solid because it weighs 74.5 grams.To compare a photo with another smaller one.
Click on the image for better qualitty
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Silversmith 5 artel

Post by Qrt.S »

I don't quite follow you. The napkin is made in the 5th artel in Moscow. The goldsmiths in the artel are not known to name. Read here more about the artels. You might identify the writers :-))))))
http://www.silvercollection.it/dictionaryARTELSMO.html
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi madej .-

here the basic knowledge about the different Silver Artels in Russia. It is time to start reading some books! It is easier to ask the guys from the Forum - but sooner or later nobody is willing to answer your foolish questions anymore!

The artels in Imperial Russia were semi formal co-operatives in different fields like agriculture, fishing, mining, timber industry and gold/silver smithing. Nowadays they are all forgotten except for the gold/silver artels due to the fine objects they produced and still exsists.

An artel is a factory but the opposite of mass production. It produced unique objects or pieces of art of very high quality. An artel could not have less than 5 owners/attendants. However, you were allowed to hire more people but only for a short limited period. An artel had its own rules and you were obliged to obey them. Everyone working there was collectively liable for all the operations in the artel. You could work in an artel from the age of 17on.

Silver Artel Moskow

an other napkin ring from the 5th Artel
in the left corner importmark France!

Regards
Goldstein
madej

Post by madej »

I know that, but I thought that it can be determined whether it was this one or another silversmith, because on another similar object is his signature :) especially because in the artel not work many goldsmiths?!?

Goldstein does not have to answer my questions, just as I do not have to answer your nasty answers.:)Are you tired of some complexes that you are so sweet:)

Return to “Russian Silver”