Sazikov III

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Goldstein
contributor

Sazikov III

Post by Goldstein »

Hi all -

in our last Sazikov discussion we learned that large objects in principle were marked with the Court suppliers mark (eagle mark) and full name in script.
I have some doubts! In my collection are several vodka bowls with the matching ladles - in my opinion large objects - weight appr. 1.5 kilogramm silver.

No Sazikov objects?

Regards
Goldstein
oel
co-admin

Re: Sazikov III

Post by oel »

Hi Goldstein,

Please correct me if I am wrong. I do recognize the first kokoshnik mark 1896-1908 and as you wrote;
http://www.925-1000.com/Frussia_kokoshnik_01.html
The Sazikovs
Moscow/St. Petersburg jewelry firm. The title of "Court Manufacturer" of silver items was granted to Ignati Pawlowitsch Sazikov by Emperor Nicholas I. in 1837. Shops and factories of the firm existed until the beginning of 1887, then they were acquired by Khlebnikov (also a famous firm!). The Moscow factory was founded by Pavel Sazikov, a skillful engraver, in 1793. His business was continued by his son Ignati Pavlowitsch (1793-1868), grandsons Valentin Ignatjwitsch (1830-1877), Pavel Ignatjewitsch (1815-1856); widow of Valentin Ignatjewitsch - Valentina Pavlowna and her son Pavel Valentinowitsch (born in 1860). Ignati Pavlowitsch traded in St. Petersburg since 1846. St. Petersburg factory was situated variously in Millionnaya St., in Kasanskaja St. and then in Znamenskaja St., the shop in 1870-1880 in 29 B Morskaja St. The firm was one of the best in Russia, received many awards (including the Grand Prix of the Moscow Exhibition 1882, the "State Emblem"), co-operated with designers and sculptors, also used foreign technology and foreign jewelry equipment ( the first machine for guilloché was importe from France in 1843). In 1850 Pavel Ignatjewitsch Sazikov received the title of "Junior Artist". According to the data of 1881 volumes of output were in the Moscow factory: 58 poods (1 pood = 16.38 kilogram) of silver, 127 thousand rubles, 44 workers. In the St. Petersburg factory: 67 poods of church - and table silver, 39 thousand rubles, 74 workers.

http://www.rusartnet.com/biographies/ru ... ty-sazikov

If you ask me not a Sazikov object.

Regards,

Peter.
Goldstein
contributor

Re: Sazikov III

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -
yes - no - Sazikov object!

Regards
Goldstein