Moscow makers mark OE ?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dad
contributor

Re: Moscow makers mark OE ?

Post by Dad »

Qrt.S wrote:...
I would appreciate some more discussions about this marking after 1882, AG2012, Goldstein, Ubaranda...?
Dear Kurt, in Russia say: "Да хоть Папу Римского!" (" Yes, if you want, you can to call the Pope also"))

From it nothing will change

Best Regards.
Ubaranda
contributor

Post by Ubaranda »

Hello!
I'm not the Pope and I will not argue with the respected Dad :-). I just want to show some Vilno's marks from the period 1882-1887. Information for thinking ...
Regards.

Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

[quote="Ubaranda"]Hello!
I'm not the Pope and I will not argue with the respected Dad :-). I just want to show some Vilno's marks from the period 1882-1887. Information for thinking ...
Regards.

Information without comment - like an echo from a shot. You don't know side of shooting.

What did you want to tell these?
Ubaranda
contributor

Post by Ubaranda »

Dad, I wanted to say that your marks are very different from those of that time period and in my opinion are highly questionable.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Ubaranda wrote:Dad, I wanted to say that your marks are very different from those of that time period and in my opinion are highly questionable.
Hmmm....

I hope, you don't think that Assay office of Wilno used only one type of punch?

Then on this example you precisely will "break mind" )):

Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Hmmmm from me too...
Why is Sorokin using an old punch? New assaying punches were implemented in 1882. It should be a troinik/stub but it isn't...? Just asking Dad, just asking...!
Ubaranda
contributor

Post by Ubaranda »

Qrt.S, the town mark shown by Dad belongs to Vitebsk or Mogilev. Are you sure that Sorokin worked there?
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Ubaranda

Who is sure of anything to 100% regarding imperial Russian silver? I was using/trying the excluding process. The year is 1882 and in Vitebsk the assay office was open 1845-1867 and in Mogilev 1821-1876. The closest working assay office was in Vilna/Vilnius where Ivan Sorokin worked 1882-1884. Who else could it be? All in all the Vitebsk/Mogilev/Polotsk (Vilna) situation has been discussed before when I mixed the phantom assayer Spiridonow with Sorokin but Dad corrected me. http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... bsk#p92097

This is a almost similar situation like in Estonia where assay offices were closed down and Tallinn acted as a center point.
Ubaranda
contributor

Post by Ubaranda »

Hello!
The archives say that assay offices existed in Vitebsk in 1882 (assayer Pavel Stepanovich Krestov) and in Mogilev in 1885 (assayer Pyotr Dmitrievich Saevsky).

Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -
after the discussion went total off topic - I could now maybe provide the coordinates of the place where I found many mushrooms in the year 1968?

Regards
Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Thanks Ubaranda, my records are updated.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Ooooh. I already told about this example. Sclerosis. ((

Main thing: Except three marks (a name/year, fineness and the coat of arms) connected in comon poinçon, the S-Pb Mint made always separate poinçons: name/year, fineness and coat of arms.
For all assay offices.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Sorry Sad, I don't follow you now; "separate poincon"? A e.g. troinik is a poincon in other words several punches combined to one punch, "stub". The previous separate assaying marks, assayer, year, fineness and town were combined in 1882 to one punch and the the year mark got its notches, so mind my asking, but what do you mean...?

Return to “Russian Silver”