Bolin

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Goldstein
contributor

Re: Bolin

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

here is the official family chronicel of the Bolin family to this day.

(admin edit - please, no linking to commercial websites - see Posting Requirements )

Please note the 200 year anniversary and the reference to the here so often quoted and disparagingly treated book by Magdalena Ribbing!

Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Yes. so what?
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -
as always: many words, some insults, slurs and denunciations but little substance.
Three points are deliberate ignored:

1) who is KL in ernest? If he was the main workmaster there must be evidence. Can someone of the allknowing expets show some marks from him - please not from Ivanov - real photos of real marks. There must be thousands around.
2) how managed KL to be workmaster in Moscow and St. Petersburg?
3) how looked a punch for gold objects, assayed in St. Petersburg like - real photos of real marks.

With your ability to have access to many private collections it should not be too difficult.
Every collector own at least one silver spoon from Bolin/KL!

Goldstein
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -
a respectful question to the all-knowing experts on this forum, asked by a simple silver collector: why do auction houses like Sotheby's, Christie's or Bukowski (he is also in Stockholm and only has to go across the street to Bolin to inquire) not know that Karl Linke is a phantom? I ask for a clarification!
Here some objects sold lately for much money. Are the international collectors all unknowing? Are the objects all fakes? Sell famous auction houses fakes?
Can the Bolin family confirm anything? You certainly have all the answers - I am curious what will come up!

Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Why don't you ask them where from they got the information. Moreover, feel free to ask Bolin in Stockhom do they recognize any subcontractor by the name of Karl Linke in St Petersburg.
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Bolin is not your thing - I know!

Goldstein
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Just trying to shed some light; found this article published less than 2 years ago (2014).Important issues are as follows.

Osipova Maria Andreevna
HALLMARKING CHARACTERISTICS OF JEWELRY COMPANY "BOLIN"
Осипова Мария Андреевна
ОСОБЕННОСТИ КЛЕЙМЕНИЯ ЮВЕЛИРНЫХ ИЗДЕЛИЙ ФИРМЫ "БОЛИН"
Published in the journal: Журнал,Исторические, философские, политические и юридические науки, культурология и искусствоведение. Вопросы теории и практики
№ 8-1 (46) / 2014
Author`s affiliation:
Hаучный сотрудник научно-просветительного отдела Государственного Эрмитажа Осипова Мария Андреевна
Researcher Science and Education Department of the State Hermitage Museum
Hаучный сотрудник Музея Фаберже (Санкт-Петербург)
Researcher Faberge Museum (St. Petersburg)

The author finds the following reference ``the most detailed``.
Наиболее подробно тема клеймения изделий фирмы «Болин» рассматривается в книге соавторов В. В. Скур-лова и Т. Н. Мунтян и М. Риббинг [6].

``The most detailed elaboration of marks of "Bolin" company is seen in the book of co-authors V. V. Skurlovа, TN Muntean and M. Ribbing: Jewelry & Silver,1996 [reference 6 in the paper].``

Мунтян Т. Н., Скурлов В. В., Риббинг М. Драгоценности & серебро. СПб., 1996. 230 с.
Now about Linke in Moscow.
Клеймо с инициалами KL принадлежит мастеру Константину Линке, который, возможно, являлся сыном Марии Линке. Клейма Константина встречаются только на изделиях фирмы «Болин».
``Mark with the initials KL belongs to master Konstantin Linke, who was probably the son of Maria Linke. Hallmarks of Konstantin Linke are found ONLY on "Bolin" company products.``

Later in the same paper the author mentions masters in St Petersburg who worked for Bolin, but not Linke.

Again, I am just posting this reference without claiming anything.

Best wishes
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Ag2012 -
AG2012 wrote:``Mark with the initials KL belongs to master Konstantin Linke, who was probably the son of Maria Linke. Hallmarks of Konstantin Linke are found ONLY on "Bolin" company products.``
Informations like this with the corresponding sources evacuate any doubts or misapprehensions.

Thank you very much!

Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Thanks AG2012, it confirms what I wrote in the very first beginning. Just a minor note Konstatin Edvardovich is Maria and Edvard Linkes son.
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Without source - worthless!

Goldstein
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Goldstein,

The resource has been quoted. The resource is Qrt.S.

Just because someone has published a paper, book, article, whatever, it does not mean what they've published is correct, I'm sure you are only too aware of that. As to whether you choose to believe that source, is up to the reader. We all use sources for information on various subjects when we require information, with experience we know who's opinion is likely to be the most correct.

To me, and I'm certain to many others, in this case, the source is a trusted and respected one, based on years of fine contributions to this, and other forums and research facilities and I have absolutely no reason to doubt that source.

Trev.

Return to “Russian Silver”