Silver gilt cloisonné and en plein enamel box?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
oel
co-admin

Re: Silver gilt cloisonné and en plein enamel box?

Post by oel »

Hi Zolotnik,

Your reaction is odd unless you have a double. You have been involved in the game from start till end and I quote:

Hi ElicottCity -
the other shown marks are Soviet marks from the years 1927-1946 for Moscow. Turn them 180 degrees and you can read them The silver content is 875/1000. the same as 84 Zolotniki.
Someone let his object rehallmarking with the at that time current marks - in wide use in that years, to show that you are willing to"legalize" your ""bourgeois/dekadent" property.

Hi -
there is one little exeption, which have nothing to do with fakes - in my collection I have several exemplares (cigarette cases) where the donation textes, names of female friends (lovers?),
lewd applikations etc., have been removed or sanded at a later time for personal reasons -but the nice object was preserved.

Regards
Zolotnik

Your comment, we don't see enough Russian fakes does not cut wood, 75% of the Russian forum is all about fakes. We do browse the internet and find the same images you showed us today and most of us do on a regular base and recognize those fakes.
We do not claim to be experts we only make contributions. You are the self proclaimed Expert & Collector Chapeau! Today you proved wrong and I believe Dad explained better. I stick to my opinion based upon the (hall) marks with pseudo mark. A run of the mill, Russian low quality item. The Russian (hall) marks you showed us are totally off. Stop playing your egocentric nasty little games. Enjoy the forum!

Regards,

Oel.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Oel -
Oel wrote: You are the self proclaimed Expert & Collector Chapeau!
we can easy change that - I quit - please delete my membership.

Regards
Zolotnik
EllicottCity

Post by EllicottCity »

Some pictures of the box after cleaning:
Thanks to Dad for his great analysis. Admin edit off topic
Last edited by oel on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi,

Good Pictures are Worth Thousand Words.

We started off with images of a clear Faberge mark and some blurred (hall) marks.
Thanks to the various contributions of our forum members; better clear images and added information, we have arrived at some conclusions.

Best,

Oel.

Return to “Russian Silver”