Cloisonné Enamel spoon by Kuzmichev for Tiffany & co?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
numis.geneve

Cloisonné Enamel spoon by Kuzmichev for Tiffany & co?

Post by numis.geneve »

Hello everyone, I have just bought this for myself in an online auction in the USA, I was intrigued by the markings.
First of all it is 88 zolotniki which is nice, and should date exactly to 1888 even if we can't see the year, since Artibashev served from 1888-1898 and the engraving says 1888.

Now what is interesting is that there seems to be no maker mark but instead 3 letters in English, which I believe is maybe A.R.K.
I have seen other items on the internet and many have the same A.R.K. letter mark like this with a "made for Tiffany&co", I was thinking maybe it was too big to put the whole inscription on the spoon? And too me it also seems to be the style of Antip Kuzmichev, which can be possible, especially since here are some items with the previously methioned stamps and the AK mark

What are your thoughts on the question?
numis.geneve

Re: Cloisonné Enamel spoon by Kuzmichev for Tiffany & co?

Post by numis.geneve »

Just as I posted zoomed images it struck me that it could be A.I.K in Russian...oops
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi numis.geneve -
go to: The Frick Pittsburgh Presents Major Faberge Exhibition ...(google), they have authentic Kuzmitschev objects, sold by Tiffany. There you can see how Kuzmitschev worked and how original Tiffany markings look like.

Regards
Zolotnik
numis.geneve

Post by numis.geneve »

Zolotnik i dont understand why you always compare to the top notch imperial object and gold, every firm made different qualities.

Please compare this average Russian Imperial work, to your objects maybe the are all fake :) ?
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi numis.geneve -

No one speaks of fakes - I only recommended an address where you can admire 100% authentic objects and stamps from Kuzmitschev and Tiffany. Then an own judgment is much easier! Better than relying on other people ....

The shown sugar tongs are on auction - please read the text (red arrows)!Very competent and trustworthy. Must be real!
This model is also in other colours on the market....

Regards
Zolotnik
numis.geneve

Post by numis.geneve »

I know it is in auction , I only took it as an example,although mistakes in description can be red flags, it does not necessarily mean a fake. The pill box I pictured here is in my opinion closer in style to my spoon , has similar markings and comes from a respected old collection
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi numis.geneve -

while "cleaning" my storeroom I found among other long forgotten treasures an original [Tyffany & Co] stamp!
Now you can compare if they used a) single letters, b) mixed upside down letters or c) a real stamp.....

c) real stamp

b) mixed upside down letters

a) single letters

Much luck!
Zolotnik
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

...............what else I found...........:-)

Regards
Zolotnik
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi -
and again an example.....

Regards
Zolotnik

Return to “Russian Silver”