Is there a resource for soviet marks?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
94Clusiere

Is there a resource for soviet marks?

Post by 94Clusiere »

Hi - So I come once again (humbly) to the experts here for help identifying a Soviet (post-revolution) hallmark. In addition to any advice you might have in identifying this, would you know of any resource (either in print or online) for identifying USSR markings? It seems like this forum drops off with the revolution.

Thanks in advance

ImageImageImageImage
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Is there a resource for soviet marks?

Post by Qrt.S »

You are all wrong. There is quite a lot of knowledge regarding Soviet silver here. The problem is that you don't see Soviet silver too often on theses sites.
Nonetheless, your item is made in Tallinn in the capital of the Soviet Republic of Estonia in 1959. The name of the company is Tallinnskaja Juvelirnaja Fabrika i.e. Tallinn's Jewellery Factory. The silver fineness is 875/1000. Good enough?

Get Troepolskaya's book...if you manage to find it ....and please note that it is written in Russian.
94Clusiere

Post by 94Clusiere »

Thank you very much - and I didn't mean any insult. I know that there are a good number of people in this group who are very knowledgeable about soviet silver - I am wondering why there isn't a soviet section in the markings catalog.

Here is the Russian section: http://www.925-1000.com/Frussia.html

But it stops at the revolution... It would be great if the moderators of this site could begin to compile a soviet section from all of the answers that the collective people have been able to answer.

All the best
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

You are welcome. Soviet silver is not (yet) at all so interesting as imperial Russian silver. In addition the quality is much lower. However, you cannot have it all but maybe we will have a section about Soviet silver marks in the future, who knows?

Return to “Russian Silver”