help with identifying old silver hallmarks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
gidjit

help with identifying old silver hallmarks

Post by gidjit »

hi everyone! i have acquired a couple pieces of what i believe to be Russian, but that's all i know. i am trying to learn all i can about silver hallmarks and i think im doing pretty good but i have never had to look up
Russian marks till now, so all the help i can get would be appreciated. thanks.

(admin edit - please ensure you have read the posting requirenents before posting again - see Posting Requirements )
Dad
contributor

Re: help with identifying old silver hallmarks

Post by Dad »

Hi.

Yes, it Russian Imperia. Town mark of Odessa (now in Ukraine). Assay master is Stahiy Orlov. (СО - cyrillic). Unfortunately i do not know who is maker (СГ).

Very nice foto, I think admin will use it in theme "Russian silver marks overview".

Best Reg..
gidjit

Post by gidjit »

i hope they do use my pics. i couldnt find these symbols on the site and was wondering if my pics may be submitted (providing i was right and there are no pics up yet with these marks)
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

I have tried to find the maker and assayer too but without success. However, Dad's information regarding the assayer is interesting. Stakhy Kondratievich Orlov is know to have worked in:

Kiev 1894-1896
Harkov 1897-1898
Moscow 1899-1916

The information that C. Orlov worked in Odessa too 1886 is new to me. Mind my asking Dad but were from is this information and what was the period? The year 1886 fits the serie ;-)))

Return to “Russian Silver”