Warszawa? Minsk?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
huszas76
contributor

Warszawa? Minsk?

Post by huszas76 »

Hello everyone!
There is a spoon with russian marks i think, but the assay office mark is missed.
Maybe from Warszawa (Minsk?), but I didn't find the maker. Can somebody help me? And can someone to tell, why isn't assay office mark?
Regards!
Krisztián
Zolotnik

Re: Warszawa? Minsk?

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi -

correct marks from Warszaw look like the shown 2 examples:

maker´s name, trade mark, assay master and year, silver content, eagle for Warszaw.

Regards
Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Alongside with the "troinik/triple" assay mark showed by Zolotnik this mark, a "dvoinik/double" was used Russia between 1882-1899. Actually It is the assay mark. Anyway, in Poland/Warsaw the makers also used a trade mark like the bull's head in Zolotnik's example. The maker is not known for Poland and the trade mark is missing, so it could be Minsk. To separate Minsk town mark from Warsaw's town mark is sometimes very difficult. Your mark as completely unknown and is therefore a bit dubious, but....?

Please read these sites http://www.925-1000.com/Frussia_assay_01.html and especially the Hallmark elements.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Hi.

Yes. It's certainly Warszawa. This assay mark was used at 1882-1899. In 1888, before first "kokoshnik" (1899-1908), this mark was only.
There are examples: Birkowsky, Nagalsky, Werner...

huszas76
contributor

Post by huszas76 »

Hi!
Thank you for all the replies!
So if I undarstand you are all agree that the maker is unknown, and more probable Minsk like Warsawa.
Thank you for the helps!
Regards!
Krisztián!

Return to “Russian Silver”