Who is Г.Р.?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Zolotnik

Who is Г.Р.?

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi all -
I have a cigarette case, made by Khlebnikov, push button on the right, gold mounted saphire cabochon

found an other one, push button in front, silver mounted glass cabochon

Maker: Г.Р.

Can not find him in my sources. Who is it?

Any information welcome.

Regards
Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Who is Г.Р.?

Post by Qrt.S »

Any information?
Here you have some.

First of all how can two different masters have the same outlook? Secondly, how is Khlebnikov spelled in Russian? Sometimes a picture tells more than a thousand words. Have a look, compare and make you conclusions.

Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Qrt.S -
my conclusion is that on behalf of the grainy background and the angle of the photo it could look like 2 HH's. Here some new shots for your peace of mind:

That different makers used the same sujet is a wellknown fact umong collectors - if you believe it or not - we hold the evidence in our hands. There existed firms which sold their designs to the makers. If there is interest I can provide numerous original scetches and drawings. Here some examples of similar cigarette cases and other objects:

But you did not answer my question who Г.Р. was. Here a new object from him:

Regards
Zolotnik
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi,

Zolotnik’s last entry has been deleted.
The forum rules are quite clear; we do not offend people with another opinion, we either prove they are wrong or ignore without shouting. However Zolotnik question remains to be answered; maker: Г.Р. Can not find him in my sources. Who is it?

You all behave!

Best,

Oel
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

If i don't have an answer, I don't reply, but since oel requests an answer, I can only tell that I cannot find a single Г.Р. in any of my sources, sorry.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Hi, Zolotnik. Hi, Qrt.S. ))

Both of you read Ivanov's book. Why you excluded Rogovin Grigory Alexandrovich? )

And it's no secret, but many of small workshops were making copies of popular products of large makers.

Best Reg..
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Yes Dad, I noticed him and some other ГР :s too but the thing is that there is a difference between Г.Р. and Г Р  (the missing dots). There is also a difference between a merchant and an appointed master (goldsmith) you know. Better not to jump into hasty conclusions. However, nothing is impossible but I don't think it is him.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

I don't demand to trust. )) But..
About many masters Ivanov has no information: there are dots in the maker mark or not. Therefore it is necessary to use data from Ivanov's book carefully.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Yes that is correct. Unfortunately Ivanov is not fully reliable, some marks are "made up". Maybe this is one of those, I don't know.

Return to “Russian Silver”