Easter egg coin purse

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AG2012
contributor

Easter egg coin purse

Post by AG2012 »

Parcel gilt (mostly rubbed off) and engraved, natural egg size. St Petersburg, Яков Липунов.Maker’s initials shown in both aspects — which one is upside down? One letter is H for sure; but what alphabet? Both halves are marked, as it should be. Maker’s mark also inside on silver push-button lever; cannot see it properly without cracking the egg.
Thank you!
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Easter egg coin purse

Post by Qrt.S »

Cyrillic alphabet. The maker is AH, Алексей Наседкин (Aleksei Nasedkin) 1883-1908 in St Petersburg and the assayer's last name is Ляпунов if you don't mind. The engraved Easter related text on the egg is obvious; Jesus is resurrected.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Thank you so much; the assayer,yes,my eyes are not good any more and I need new glasses.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Just crossed my mind: AH? How? The name in initials should stand first, but then A looks upside down.Or I simply cannot decipher A in the second picture.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG2012 -

Qrt.S is right - it is Nasedkin, Alexandr Nikolajewitsch - a smith making church(religious)related objects.

Regards
Zolotnik
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Thanks a lot;I need new glasses for sure.By the way,this was the only egg in stock,so there was no need to check for availability :-)
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Actually it is a good question, is it AH or HA. In addition, Cyrillic or Latin letters? Then you start to investigate which one it is. Result: There is no suitable HA but there is a suitable AH and that is Aleksei (not Aleksandr) Nasedkin. When was his working period, where and what did he do?. Result: 1883-1908, StP and religious objects. No alternatives left, elementary dear AG2012.

Good that they didn't have more eggs on stock. Maybe you could have put in an order? :-)))
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG1220 -

Qrt.S is right - it is not Nasedkin, Alexandr Nikolajewitsch - it is Nasedkin Aleksej Ivanowitsch!
Took the wrong line - my nurse, doing the proof reading was off duty....sorry

Regards
Zolotnik

Return to “Russian Silver”