Silver vermeil Tea Glass Holder - Faberge?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
drillo

Re: Silver vermeil Tea Glass Holder - Faberge?

Post by drillo »

Tks very much for all your comments.
After all your opinions I have made my idea.
We all agree that it is not Faberge.
Having considered that, the next step is that somebody wanted to make a fake Faberge.
I think that if he'd want to make a better fake he would have done it in a different way, closer to a real Faberge object. But that option would have been more complicated and expensive.
So I think this person had a fake Faberge marks that he used to stamp on medium quality original works adding them a twist, like some enamel and vermeil.
This option would have been much much easier and much much cheaper than paying for a silversmith and engraver to create a completely fake object.
If you saw the object from real, I am sure also Zolotnik would agree that the engraving is hand made.
So my conclusion, based to all your opinions and also on logic and good sense, is that the most likely option is that the object was original before it was "modified" to look similar to a Faberge. Whoever "AK" might be it surely does not change much niether to the originality nor the value.
I think that if the object would have been created from zero as a fake Faberge, in the first place it would have looked less as a "pastiche", but in the second place a forger would have probably also used a better stamp for the maker, like the monogramm of someone who worked for Faberge. If you decide to make everythig from scratch, then you also take the hassle to use a more appropriate mark for the maker...

So, tks for all your comments and replies, now I have made my idea, which I think is the more likely option. Tks

Return to “Russian Silver”