Two pairs of Clausonné spoons.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Zolotnik

Re: Two pairs of Clausonné spoons.

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Qrt.S -
to come to an end with this silly discussion: please note that though Khlebnikov died, his firm existed until 1917. All the objects I own or have seen are marked either ИХ or with his name in full + eagle, until 1917!!!!

Regards
zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

OK, so be it, but it is still confusing that a dead man's mark was used. As an example, when Ignatij Sazikov died in 1868, the company immediately stopped the use of his mark ИС. However, the assaying mark still confuses me. The mark showed by Dad was from Tblisi. We all know what happens that region. Postnikova could have made a mistake. But as I said , so be it.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Dear Qrt.S -

I can show you several , typical Khlebnikov objects with the mentioned marks - 100% authentic. For me it is total normal to use the firm´s punch after his death - it was his "trademark" - the firm was wellknown.
I just point to the sometimes chaotic marking (against some rules) of Fabergé. For all rules there is always an exeption - especially in Russia. In all my other collections I have the same problem - one day some object appears which is total against all rules - everybody cryes "Fake", you throw it away, some years later the experts tell you that you wasted the best and most sought after things.

Regards
Zolotnik
asti

Post by asti »

Hello Tunder1

In this world there are two types of spoons:
1. 100% authentic, but they are only in possession of Zolotnik.
2. 100% dubious or fake spoons, not in Zolotnik's possession.

Your spoons are part of the second category, but are beautiful and interesting. Keep them happy and enjoy.

Regards,
Asti

Return to “Russian Silver”