Centerpiece hallmarks identification

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
tentate

Centerpiece hallmarks identification

Post by tentate »

Hi everybody!, I'm new in the forum.
I didn't find information about this silversmith hallmark, thanks if anybody happens to know

Luis

tentate

Re: Centerpiece hallmarks identification

Post by tentate »

[quote="tentate"]Hi everybody!, I'm new in the forum.
I didn't find information about this silversmith hallmark, thanks if anybody happens to know

Luis

Juke
contributor

Post by Juke »

Hi!

Please clean all the marks, especially the kokosnik mark and the makers mark beside it. Then take new closeup pictures for better idenfication.

Regards,
Juke
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi tentate -

your centerpiece looks like a later "upgraded" European silver object (Mod. Nr. 346).

Regards
Zolotnik
Nero5

Post by Nero5 »

In the first picture the mark seems to me mirrored and stamped on previous mark.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Hi, All.

Here it is written: "В.Другов и Ко" ("V.Drugov and Co")

From history of Faberge firm:
"The special role in work of the Odessa's and Kiev's branches belongs to jeweler Vladimir Nikolaevich Drugov. In 1903 he opens together with Victor-Anlders Lundel the factory of firm Faberge in Odessa, supervises the Kiev branch of firm in 1906-1911. Also Drugov continued to supervise own jewelry store in Odessa "V. Drugov & Co" (Deribasovskaya street, 21). Had also own shop in Kiev. Such in firm Faberge met seldom.
In Paris Drugov contacted to Evgenie Faberge, who in 1922 together with brother Alexander, has founded the firm «Faberge and Co» for sale business by the former products of parental firm. After 1945 Evgenie has organized manufacture replicas of old patterns of Faberge's subjects. Vladimir Drugov has been involved In this work."

If the owner of a subject will cleans punches (mark of 4-th Moscow artel + state's marks) and will show to us it is possible to discuss further. )))

Best Reg..
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Sorry : "Here it is written: "В.Друговъ и Ко" ("V.Drugov and Co")" )))
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Dad -

a phantastic story as always! An ugly centerpiece made from several non fitting parts in different styles and marked/overmarked with a lot of punches - but all blurry. Last but not least the Model -or Patternnumber 346...I am impressed!
Here the marks of the 4th Moscow Artel ....which worked only in the traditional style!

Regards
Zolotnik

Return to “Russian Silver”