Genuine wodkacup?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Zolotnik

Re: Genuine wodkacup?

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi zilverik -

To check an item if it is authentic or not - one use several methods:

optical = does it look like (form, design) similar authentic pieces? Is it "new" or is it old?
quality = is the quality and workmanship the same as known from similar authentic pieces?
marking = are the marks according to the laws at that time, are the punches crisp, clear and correct or blurry, difuse and hard to read? Notice: marks on the underside of an object are very good protected against overpolishing or dayly abuse and should be read easy - if not? Why? Does the assaymaster - and master marks be in accord with the wellknown marks in official lists? Are separat parts (handles etc.) also clearly marked?

If you must answer one of these questions with "NO" - than your piece is not authentic, is contemporary or just a fake. Call it like you want.
Your object has three "NO´s"...
By the way, there are three E in Cyrillic: E = je, Ё = jo and З = s !

This is my opinion (underpinned with some logical arguments) - now come to your own opinion.
Do not flame me when I try to help you (I allways give you several arguments to proof my opinion) - just read, think and decide.

Regards
Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Mind me but to my understanding the Es are Ё: jo, o, Е: je, e, Э: e and in 1918 the eliminated "yat/jatj" i.e Ҍ. The letter З: z and С is s.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Qrt.S -

now the sensless diskussion between "written" and "spoken" in several other languages than Russian start again. Go ahead...maybe Dad and Child, the resident experts can chaim in....

Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

I said some rubbish, sorry for that, about Э oborotnoe that I must correct (I'm getting old...). This Cyrillic letter can only be the FIRST letter in a Russian word. There are a few exceptions, words that a borrowed into the Russian language like АЭРОФЛОТ and foreign names. Cannot recall one single Russian name starting with Э. Nonetheless, no hits found on ЭЭ.

Return to “Russian Silver”