help me identify this mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
omitohud

help me identify this mark

Post by omitohud »

http://p2.la-img.com/323/25587/9448115_5_l.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it authentic faberge? Thanks so much for your help. Sam
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: help me identify this mark

Post by Qrt.S »

Kindly note that a picture of the whole object is necessary as well as requested by the rules, but Fabergé...hmmmm....
Child

Post by Child »

Yes, it's authentik mark of Faberge.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi -

the "Fabergé"- and the scratch-/inventory marks are fishy! The other marks look good - but one have to see the complete object.

Regards
Zolotnik
omitohud

Post by omitohud »

Hi How about this?

http://p1.la-img.com/323/25587/9448115_4_l.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks so much, you guys are awesome.

Sam
omitohud

Post by omitohud »

Oh, and btw, (admin edit - see Posting Requirements ) Thanks, guys.
omitohud

Post by omitohud »

my bad, Sam
asti

Post by asti »

hi omitohud

It's looking like Faberge work style. If you know the piece history, and it's realy old, not a modern replica, It's better to keep it.
For me, in your foto, it's looking very genue, just the inventory number I don't like...

Regards,
Asti
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

When I wrote hmmm...I had in mind exactly the same thoughts Zolotnik wrote in his post. OK, now you showed the whole object and that causes new questions. Are there any other marks on it, what marks and where? Could you show them too?
Thank you in advance.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi omitohud -

just to explain the essentials to you:

the shown marks on your object from left to right:

the explanation for the marks:

something like a controlmark (Russian law ask that all single parts of an object - handles, spouts etc. - must be marked. On better objects this sometimes "ugly" optic was averted by this mark. Notice the little dot left of the neck = townmark Moscow.

Kokoshnik mark (1908-1926) with silvercontent 84 = 875/1000 and the townmark for Moscow, the Greek letter "Delta"

The firmlogo (name) of the maker - here Fabergé, above with the Imperial Eagle for Court Jeweller. The shown marks were only used in Moscow - please compare!

Two solutions:

1) Though your object is of very good quality - the Fabergé mark is absolute wrong and badly made = NO FABERGÉ! Maybe the original maker is overstamped by the Fabergé mark - that would explain the other in my eyes authentic marks - the piece is an authentic Imperial Russian object by a very good but erased maker.
2) The style, the Latin monogramm and the quality leads to England or France (in Russia lived/worked many Europeans, so Latin monogramms are not seldom!), all marks are false and the original marks were erased.

Whatever it is, the only answer I can give you with 100% certainity is: it is no Faberé!
One have to see it in person to say more.

To avoid the usual coming sensless discussions: This is my personal opinion, only supported by over 20 years of experience with Russian silver....

Regards
Zolotnik
Child

Post by Child »

It's authentik mark and inventory number of Faberge.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi Child -

on this forum it is the habit to not only give your personal opinion but also a serious justification. Just to state it is authentic Fabergé is completly worthless!

Regards
Zolotnik

Return to “Russian Silver”