GENIUNE PROVENANCE – IMPORTANT OR NOT

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ARGENTUM49

GENIUNE PROVENANCE — IMPORTANT OR NOT

Post by ARGENTUM49 »

I do not participate in discussion forum any more; I will probably not even read your comments. There is no point to communicate any more. In the meantime I have contacted the members of Bourbon family. The lady passed away more than two years ago. Just remember — there are two distinctive groups of silver collections: bought and collected by enthusiasts (with due respect) and collections of family heritage. Posted two photos of the owner of already discussed `` faked`` Sazikov St Peterburg mark in handwriting. The Bourbon family (the relatives of the King of Spain) did not buy ``faked`` Russian silver in flea markets or by obscure sellers. Only the couture dress in black and white photo costs more than 10 cloisonné cigarette cases (for her jewelry one can buy a decent house now) and each of those two dresses in color photography cost more than any kovsh. As for the members of my family, most of them are also in Italy and in Germany - either with Jutte von Mecklenburg Strelitz descendents or with Savoy family. My daughter in law sold one of her horses to USA for $ 150 000. Her last competiotion was in 2010 ( see at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmuWKZHNlXE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Therefore, the PROVENANCE IS IMPORTANT, it may add valuable and reliable information and if the particular hallmark has not been recorded so far it should be added, but we do not care much. Good luck.

Zolotnik

Re: GENIUNE PROVENANCE — IMPORTANT OR NOT

Post by Zolotnik »

Ivan -

I fully understand what you want to say and I can confirm most of it. But please have in mind, that people with abundant money do not buy personally, for instance antiques etc. They have "scouts" who supply them with what they want or need. If this "scouts" are honest and knowing - no problem. If not? Just two examples of wellknown cases: the book/collection of John Trainer, the Fabergé collector (quantity) worldwide. On several pages you see fakes or completely wrong objects. The Forbes collection: always thought as a mint collection until he died and the objects were sold. Two of the Imperial Easter Eggs were total fakes. They start around 2.5 Million USD! Money is no protection against fraud, the contrary is the case! Personally I had to estimate inheritated Russian silver, which was donated, from several American Museums. Big surprise: numerous fakes, all from "reputable" sources (if you want to know the names - PM me). You can be sure that every body was shocked and unbelieving, I was really flamed - until it was proofed. So much to money, first class names and provenance!

Please do not leave the Forum - we need experienced members with a lot of practical knowledge. Theoretical wisdom is not good enough to stem the flood of fakes.

Sincerelly yours
Zolotnik

Return to “Russian Silver”