П.Ц Russian Maker Mark Please

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Astronaut

П.Ц Russian Maker Mark Please

Post by Astronaut »

Hello I have tried and failed to find the maker of a Silver Cigarette Case from around 1900 stamped П.Ц.
Only other information I can offer is it's stamped "84 Standard"

Thank you very much for your help
Phil
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: П.Ц Russian Maker Mark Please

Post by Qrt.S »

I'm afraid that the quality of the picture of the marks is too bad in order to say anything. I must say that I find it very difficult to understand why good pictures cannot be shown. It is more or less impossible to either see or guess what the mark looks like. Therefore a 100% proof answer can not be given, not even 50%.
As an example this is how pictures of marks should look like. I have a normal Nikon camera with 50mm lens. I also use a tripod. Then take a picture a the closest range you can. Then cut it down and re-size it in the program that came with the camera or any other photo program. Below you see how it should look like. Only with such pictures you can expect some reliable answers. Thank you for reading this and have a nice Sunday

Astronaut

Post by Astronaut »

Hello Thanks for getting it started at least. I should probably already have apologised for the poor quality photos. I assure you if I could have posted better images I would have. They were supplied by someone else who has requested I find more information on the piece for them.
I was still hoping someone might know from the П.Ц makers mark.
I'm not sure how many jewellers there were in Russia around 1900 making this type of item but I'd be surprised if there were so many
that it the marks where too numerous to keep good track of. Also am I correct in assuming each mark had to be unique as they do in British marks.
Thanks
Phil
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Irrespective of the bad pictures I cannot find a single master fitting the maker's mark, sorry. What might help the situations is to show a better picture of the left mark. It contains information such as the town, which might help to solve the problem. No you are not correct in assuming that all marks are unique. That was not exactly the case in Russia. You might find very similar marks and in that case the separating factor could be the town. But show me a better left mark.

Return to “Russian Silver”