Who can tell me more about ...
Genuine , year , hallmarks ? ?!
Thanks !
Postnikov
inactive

Re: Who can tell me more?

Post by Postnikov »

Hi -
this is a fake! Please do not ask why - we discuss no fakes on this site.

Regards
Postnikov
Buf0n

Post by Buf0n »

Thanks for your opinion but I can not believe only one.I wait the other colectors opininions...I think... about that item was bought 30 years ago(1982) by distinguished gentleman in moscow.So ?
paulh
contributor

Post by paulh »

Surely the idea of the forum is to enlighten members regarding all aspects of silver, including fakes, forgeries and imitations. If we dismiss a question without explanation, then it is suppressing the sharing of knowledge.

It is important to be able to identify fake silver marks as well as genuine marks, and any explanation or information which enables questioners to do that is a valid reply to a legitimate question.
Postnikov
inactive

Post by Postnikov »

Hi paulh -

some Russian experts on this site agreed that it is no good idea to inform everybody (anonymous?) about the newest fakes and how to distinguish them from authentic silver. Most of the queries come direct about running auctionhouse- or from eBay- auctions, where potentiel buyers just want a green light for their purchase. Free of course!! That is not the purpoe of this site. Next we decided NOT to educate the fakers. If you are a seasoned collector you are up to date - if not, you have to learn why Fabergé is best not bought on eBay. Why do you think we know a lot of Russian silver? It took many years of learning, thousands of handheld objects, many conversations and a pack of expensive literature. We can not spare yourself the trouble to learn - step by step. Of course it´ll save you a lot of hard work if we just answer your questions....but in this way you´ll never know something by experience. It is just too easy to go to the internet and give others the responsibility for your doing.
I think it is enough to state: this is a fake - and we do not discuss fakes here! If it is one or two fakes per year - we would act differently. But it is mostly fakes!
Maybe you can understand our point of view.
And do not forget the possibility to send a PM...

Regards
Postnikov

Return to “Russian Silver”