Enamel napkin rings

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Zolotnik

Enamel napkin rings

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi all -
to get a brake from fakes and scrap silver, here 2 napkinrings,same model but different colours, from my collection. Please notice that two different enamel techniques were used on one object: enamel cloisonné and enamel champlevé. Extremly laborious!
Maker: Schaposchnikov, Sergej Iwanowitsch - silversmith and jeweller from Moscow, active 1897-1908. His works are highly sought after...

Regards
Zolotnik
numis.geneve

Re: Enamel napkin rings

Post by numis.geneve »

Dear Zolotnik please explain why this exact napkin ring (exactly this one hallmarks,defects,etc...) is on eBay -are you selling it? I am confused. (Admin edit; no reference to eBay)
numis.geneve

Post by numis.geneve »

P.S. I am sorry but isn't it against forum rules to post the items you are selling?even the photos are the same... If I am wrong , I am sorry
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi All,

Not against the rules if; no direct links or references to auction site or promotion of object.

The Don'ts
1. Do not ask any questions, or give an answer, related to the value of an item, this is not an appraisal site. Find similar items on eBay or hire an appraiser.
Any reference to value in a post is grounds for immediate deletion without notice!
2. Do not choose your business name or eBay seller name as your forum user name, this will get you banned. Do not promote merchandise, services, websites, or businesses here, however indirectly. This forum is not a medium for business or user advertising.
if you are an online merchant or eBay seller click here
3. No linking to auctions or posting photos from another's auction.
No linking to items for sale at websites. No linking to commercial websites.

Oel.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi numis.geneve -

maybe you have understood that I am a collector. Collecting means that you collect things where ever you get them (worldwide!). If you have superfluous objects you sell them to finance new things etc. etc.(also worldwide!) What these customers do with it is not my business. After many years of collecting you have some connections, know dealers, suppliers, friends or acquaintances who all help you to archieve your goal.
I have large photo archives, all my objects are cataloged. Whenever I need photos of my objects I go to my archives - I do not start to shoot photos everytime new. Many, many photos of my objects are in the "cloud" (google, etc.) and are often used by someone - it is not important for me to copyright or watermark them. All I offer is free for all.
Maybe you understand what I want to say....
I can reassure you: I do not buy - I have sold....:-)

Maybe you missed that I showed 2 identic napkin rings in different colours - please try to get that once in your life!

Regards
Zolotnik
numis.geneve

Post by numis.geneve »

Yes Zolotnik I agree. However as I said before I am a coin guy- a few years ago I sold a coin that had the historical and price equivalent of a small faberge egg- but I do not consider it part of my collection, so please be more precise
numis.geneve

Post by numis.geneve »

Just to clarify what I meant to say in the previous posts thousands of coins went through my hand - but my collection is what is in the safe!
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Mind my saying but the showed napkin rings are both made in cloisonnee technique. No trace of champleve.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi -
that is correct! Unfortunately there is no edit possibility of written articles - I saw it - but it was already too late. Sorry for that. It is all clausonné, one part only completly filled with enamel.

To compare - enamel champlevé:

Spoon made by Khlebnikov

Regards
Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

A mistake in an input can always be corrected in a second input!

Anyway, to explain a bit the difference between cloisonnée and champlevé

In the cloisonnée technique thin metal strips ore wires are applied and usually soldered ON the surface of the base material. They create walls to cells that are filled with enamel.

In the champlevé technique "cavities" are carved or etched IN the surface of the base material with a chisel and the cells filled with enamel.

You can clearly see the difference when comparing the last picture with the first showed by Zolotnik.

Return to “Russian Silver”