The Design Museum
224-238 Kensington High Street
London, W8 6AG
Cartier in Motion
Until 28th July 2017
Cartier in Motion unravels the unique story of Cartier’s approach to watchmaking and how the invention of the modern wristwatch came about.
Curated by Lord Norman Foster, this exhibition explores the creativity of Cartier and design. Cartier in Motion includes over 170 exhibits alongside rare insights into the research and work of the designers at Cartier, through extracts from material found in the Cartier Archives.
Whilst telling the story of Cartier watchmaking and the invention of the modern wristwatch, Cartier in Motion explores the change in society at the turn of the 20th century. Amidst upheavals in art, architecture, travel and lifestyles, the traces of a new world could be seen, and this is illustrated through each of the main themes of the exhibition which include:
• The evolution of Paris and its influence on Cartier shapes
• Louis Cartier’s connections with Alberto Santos-Dumont and other pioneers of the age
• The birth of the modern wristwatch
• The everyday accessories designed to cater to a glamorous inter-war lifestyle
• The evolution of Cartier watch designs and Cartier craftsmanship
Opening hours: 10:00 – 18:00 daily
Post an announcement here if you know of an upcoming or current silver exhibit.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests