Henry Williamson Ltd, Birmingham registered late 19th century, Farringdon Road, London & Spencer Street, Birmingham. Marks seen on; basket, belt, bookmark, box, brush, card case, caster, cigarette case, compact, desk bell, fob medal, inkwell, jar lid, knife rest, manicure set, match striker, mustard, napkin ring, rattle, sovereign case, spoon, tea caddy, thimble, tray, trophy, vesta, fob medal.
Business established in London by Henry Williamson in 1865. The firm was converted in 1892 into a limited liability company under the style H. Williamson Ltd. The firm went into liquidation in 1898 and was acquired by a new company of the same name. In the 1920s the firm had financial difficulties, culminating into a reorganization of their affairs in 1929 and went out of business in the 1930s.
http://www.silvercollection.it/englishs ... HDUE3.html
http://www.silvermakersmarks.co.uk/Make ... HZ.html#HW
Herewith a late Victorian large ladie's silver card case embossed with two seated ladies in 18th century dress, serenaded by a gentleman playing a lute, within a garden setting, the reverse with a garden view. Hallmarked Birmingham 1899 by Henry Williamson. with gilt interior and spring loaded catch.Wide 7.2cm/2.8in, Hight 10.1/4in, Deep 0.5cm/0.2in. Weight 75gr or 2.65 ounces.
Hallmarks right side lid and in the rim of the case. H.W.Ld for Henry Williamson who's shop was at Spencer Street, Birmingham, year letter Z for 1899