Looking for any info on a silver plate

What was this used for? - PHOTO REQUIRED
Karl

Looking for any info on a silver plate

Post by Karl »

Hello, first time here and not really sure where to post this or even if this is the forum I need so I am asking for your help.

It is 12" and weighs over 13 ounces and looks to be handmade.

I only have these poor pictures to go by. It is marked but picts too poor to ID and I believe the seller said it is silver and is stamped "950" but can't tell until I actually receive it. I went to a genealogy forum for any help with the crest/coat of arms and someone found a very similar plate, but it was obviously stamped and a poorer quality, 10", and had no marks of any kind. Looks just like a poor copy of the piece I won.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

I found out the "K J" stands for Kraljevina Jugoslavija[Kingdom of Yugoslavia]. 12/1/1918-1940? "HOC SIGUM VERE REGUM EST" I was told means THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE TRUTH OF THE KING, with "PLUS" & "ULTRA" on the columns.

Anyway, my question is, I think this MAY be something special and not a cheap copy but how or where do I find out what it really is?

I don't see anything here on how to add pictures but I will post this and maybe it is added after? I'll find out in a second.

Thanks so much for your time and any help and if I'm in the wrong place, please let me know,
Karl.
Karl

Re: Looking for any info on a silver plate

Post by Karl »

Oh well, sorry for wasting your time. IF I read it correctly, I can not post my own pictures from my computer.
Guess I will have to look else ware.
Thanks for your time,
Karl.
AG2012
contributor

Re: Looking for any info on a silver plate

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum.
Actually, you can upload your images here (see bellow).
On the other hand,identification is not a problem;Latin motto in the coat of arms of Peruvian capital Lima.Motto on columns is seen on Spanish coat of arms.
Regards

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Return to “Mystery Objects”