Help with Marking D/J ?

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
curlykid2

Help with Marking D/J ?

Post by curlykid2 »

Does anyone have an idea of who this maker is. Its on the buckle of a Concho leather belt with Lapis Cabochons. I think it reads D J (it looks as though there is a / between the letters but I'm not certain)

Aguest
contributor

Re: Help with Marking D/J ?

Post by Aguest »

I found a "J over an arrow symbol over a D" hallmark in the reference site, but this is an unknown hallmark with no definitive attribution :::
Do you think there is a symbol in-between the D and the J or do you think that is just some sort of artifact of the silversmithing process? :::
curlykid2

Post by curlykid2 »

Hard to tell. The more I look at it, the more I see the J stands out a lot more, wonder if its just a "J". Not sure how the "D" would get worn off more that the "J". There's a screw in the middle of the / Could you pass along the reference link?
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Sure, it looks like a different hallmark to me, but I just reference it to make sure there isn't something in-between your D and J. If you think there is not a symbol in-between your D and J, then we will keep looking and maybe we can find it in an old reference book since the information available on the internet is incomplete.

curlykid2

Post by curlykid2 »

Thanks. The D is above the J on my hallmark.

Return to “Native American Silver”