"LB" sterling, turquoise, & coral (?) bracelet

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mistfall

"LB" sterling, turquoise, & coral (?) bracelet

Post by mistfall »

Hello! I've acquired a very pretty, small bracelet, sold by someone who represented it as "vintage tribal", listed it in a Native American > unsigned category, and said it was unmarked but verified sterling. Two paragraphs down in the listing, the seller said that it was, in fact, signed.

I made a winning bid because I thought it was a very pretty piece, though confusing ("rules prohibit me from listing this as authentic vintage or from naming the tribal affiliation because it's unsigned") But I do wonder about the bracelet's origins.

Does anyone recognize the "LB"?

To my uneducated eye, the bracelet looks like the real deal-- but "uneducated" would be the operative word here.

mistfall

Silence is golden

Post by mistfall »

Well, thanks anyway.
Aguest
contributor

Re: "LB" sterling, turquoise, & coral (?) bracelet

Post by Aguest »

I am going to guess "Lee Brown" of the Navajo, and it seems to be an earlier piece before he used the "Sterling" mark adjacent.
The piece does remind me of the Navajo style, I have seen a few similar pieces. I do have a piece that says "PB" and the "B" is
very close to an "8," which is the case here as well. I have a hard time telling if it is an Eight or a B.

I could be wrong. I am just a guest and not an expert on native american silver hallmarks.

Return to “Native American Silver”