chief ring

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
jaqc

chief ring

Post by jaqc »

Hi all, any one?!
I have tried to identify the markings from info on this site, with some success but still need to find some more - I think the letters might be worn.

in a band there is an anchor, lion and then what looks like a "P" in script rather than a capital P

to the left of this is an indent with three marks, i think it is P, R and then what looks like an anvil.

i asked in a jeweller and he said he thought it was from about 1964 and weighed 4 grams.
he said the dark blue eyes could be sapphires or just glass. it is really nice to look at and handle.

at first i just wanted to know if it should i save it for my sons, but when i started trying to read the markings i got really interested, wondering where it was made, by whom, and what history it might have, and i found this site. this is the first time i have followed up something like this so I will appreciate any guidance from others, and thank you

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
dognose
Site Admin

Re: chief ring

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.tinypic.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

Trev.

Return to “Native American Silver”